Dancegear is part of the family business which goes under the name of Buttermilk any information gathered will therefore be treated as part of the family business.
Buttermilk respects the privacy of its customers and users of its websites. This privacy statement explains the data processing practices of Buttermilk.
Introduction and General Terms
We operate a number of websites and are active on social media platforms and use Mail Chimp to administer our marketing emails.
This policy applies to our use of any personal information we collect from you via any of our online services. It also relates to our use of any personal information which we obtain from you by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence or in person.
Our commitment to your privacy
We will collect, store and manage it in an unbiased and secure way. We will only use your data for purposes that we have informed you about. We will always be transparent about the personal data we collect and how we use it.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely and in accordance with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
What information will we collect from you?
The personal information that we collect from you may include, but is not limited to, the following information.
- Name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact data such as email address, home postal address, postcode and phone numbers.
- Payment data :-for online orders all payment details are encrypted and securely transferred via the third party payment agency, Paypal.
- Information from queries.
- Information about the way you use our Websites, so that we can improve the effectiveness of our business.
- Any other information which may be collected in the course of our interactions with you.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you:
- When you register for a web account with us.
- Request product or services.
- Sign up to our email newsletter.
- Participate in promotions.
- Enter competitions.
- With any personal information you disclose to us in the course of your interactions with us. Including usage of our website or information you post on our websites, e-mail, social media sites or otherwise send to us.
Persons under 16 should not disclose to us any personal information without first getting the permission of a parent or a guardian.
How do we use this information about you?
We use your personal information:
- To enable us to supply you with the goods and services and information which you have requested.
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services.
- To predict what you might be interested in.
- To provide you with access to certain parts of our website.
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
- We may also email you or use direct marketing to provided information or activities that we think you might be interested in. You can opt out of direct marketing and mailing by requesting to do so by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your information.
We may use selected agents to process your information on our behalf, such as software providers that host our website. Such third parties will be authorised to see and use your information but only to fulfil their contractual obligations to us and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose. Information will also be shared between all parts of 'Buttermilk' the family business. In exceptional circumstances we may share your information when we are legally required to do so.
How do we protect your personal information?
We place great importance on the security of your personal information and take appropriate precautions to protect it.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you send to us and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Your data will then be either be deleted completely or used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Where do we store and process your information?
We generally store and process your information on our business computers and on our web sites host data base.
What are your rights?
You have specific rights connected to provision of your personal information.
These include your rights to request that we:
- Confirm to you what personal information we may hold about you and for what purpose.
- Change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal information.
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information which we may hold about you.
- Stop the processing of your personal information, whilst an objection from you is being resolved.
- Permanently erase all your personal information promptly and confirm to you that this has been done.
- Stop the processing of your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing.
- You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided to us to process your personal information.
How can you access your information and contact us?
You have the right to access any personal information that you have submitted to Us.
If you require us to supply you with details of the personal information that we hold about you.
Send us an email: email@example.com Be sure to include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
We will then provide this information free of charge and we will provide this information to you within 30 days of your request.
Changes to your details or this policy
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the email address above.
We may revise or update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our activities or for other purposes. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website. Please revisit this policy each time you consider giving personal information.